SLC504 - DH+ address change

JCool

Hi everyone!,

I have 6 504s and I'm putting them on a DH+ network, all nodes are currently set at 01. Do you know if its possible to change the node name online with doing a master reset on th plc?

any help would be great :)

Thanks in advance

I believe you can change the node address while running, never tried it.
Just go to the Channel 1 tab and change it. If you are connected via DH+, you will lose your connection, if connected serially, then no issues.

JCool said:
Hi everyone!,

I have 6 504s and I'm putting them on a DH+ network, all nodes are currently set at 01. Do you know if its possible to change the node name online with doing a master reset on th plc?

any help would be great :)

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can change the address online. I think it has to be changed offline, then downloaded.

And I know for certain that you cannot change the node name online.

Worked like a treat, I changed the addresses through df1 via the channel menu. then connected all the dh+ cables. Thanks for all your replys :)

Just a suggestion - don't use node 1 on your network. If you ever have to add a processor or someone reloads a processor and doesn't correct the node number, then you would have duplicate node numbers and will cause errors and possibly fault the duplicate nodes.