Protool >> Wincc Flex conversion

YCB

Hi,

I have a project to duplicate functionality of existing operating panel. It is MP370 from Siemens. It's old one and now Siemens is offering newer version MP377. From the outside it looks the same but it is configured only with WinCC Flexible.

So here is the question - what are your experiences with conversion of Protool projects to WinCC? The HMI application is rather simple - couple screens, some alarm window etc. Nothing fancy.

Thanks for your help!

You should be fine converting your project. You simply run WinCC flex and one of the options with the wizard is to Open A Protool project.

Select this then navigate to your project (If your project is "integrated into S7" it will probably be in the Siemens/Step7/S7proj/MyProject/TDOP folder...

Then the wizard will analyse your project and tell you if there's going to be any problems converting it.

In my experience the converter works fine...

Good luck!

:)

ok, i did conversion and it worked. One thing I observed that cocnversion didn't work on computer with Protool and WinCC Flex installed (I had to use VMware machine with WinCC Flex only to convert).

But anyway the question now is that - since WinCC and Protool HMI can be integrated into S7 project does using both solutions in one project can cause some configuration problems, software conflicts ???

I have installation with several different panels - some of them can be migrated to WinCC and some of them not (OP7 for example).

What are your suggestions ???

There's no problem with having the two file types within a project as far as I'm aware. However, it will make it confusing when it comes to updating the HMI. You might get into a situation whereby the WinCC flex version is updated and then, at a later date, someone changes something in the protool project and downloads that, overwriting the wincc changes..

You're better off with just one HMI software in your project.

As for OP7's, they can be converted as well.

I haven't experienced any problems running Protool and WinCC Flex together on the same computer (Protool v6 sp3 - WinCC 2007)

uptown47 said:

I haven't experienced any problems running Protool and WinCC Flex together on the same computer (Protool v6 sp3 - WinCC 2007)

Problem I observed was that Protool project conversion in WinCC 2007 didn't work on machine with Protool. WinCC itself worked fine (I guess ;-) ).

How to convert OP7 to WinCC ?? I havent seen this type there, but I'm rather new to Flex....

YCB said:
Hi,

I have a project to duplicate functionality of existing operating panel. It is MP370 from Siemens. It's old one and now Siemens is offering newer version MP377. From the outside it looks the same but it is configured only with WinCC Flexible.

So here is the question - what are your experiences with conversion of Protool projects to WinCC? The HMI application is rather simple - couple screens, some alarm window etc. Nothing fancy.

Thanks for your help!
Hi YCB,

Now I am working with the same type panels like you.

I opened the old protool project with the WinCC flex. / Open a Protool project / after save as, and almost all the function is ok.