Profibus

Caveman

We are having problems backing up our profibus Scanner
to a spare/backup scanner.

PLC must be in Program mode or

Not in rack.

To upload from card, open SST software.

On left plane, select Master from info on card.

Click Connect radio button.

Answer NO to upload.

To download to card, Open file needed to

Be loaded to card. Then click Connect

Radio button. Then click

Load Configuration radio button.

Answer YES

These instructions Don't work.

The card is SST-PFB-SLC Ver 2
The Software is SST Profibus Configuration Ver 3.8

This the second attempt to get this done and we still dont't
know what we are doing wrong.

Please help.

Going from memory here. In your sst configuration software do an export of your file to a file format for hyperterminal. Put the plc in program mode. Hook up to the Profibus card and open hyperterminal. I think it is * to get the sst card in configuration mode. Seems like there was a clitch here and you had to hit enter a couple of times after * to get it to take. Next download your exported file from the sst software. All of these steps are in the manual.

Sorry I waited so long to reply but I'm also waiting from

the person that did our training to confirm or come up with

an exact procedure.

The machines are running and we don't want jeopardize that.

Looks like the key is to get the card in configuration mode first,

then do all the transfering.