RSview 4.0 Issue

johnfarrugi

I created an application using rsview 4.0. When I try and run the application on my computer for testing I get the following information in the status bar:

untitled.jpg

The application never starts. If I create a runtime and download it to the panelview plus 700, the application will try to start and then I get a message stating "Factorytalk is shutting down" and then the screen jumps back to the configuration screen. The application never starts in the panelview either.

Any suggestion?

Make sure that you have intalled all of the latest patches for RS View(studio). Also make sure that the firmware on the PV+ is 4.0 with the latest patches installed.

The software on my laptop is version 4.00.00 the firmare in the panelview is 4.00.16 Not sure what else to do. I've never had this problem before. This isn't the first time I've used a panelview but I just can't seem to get this to work.

The RA Knowledgebase suggests that the Default User has all the security levels disabled.

Knowbase Article ID # 37260.

Funny that the warning doesn't have additional information or occur right after a login attempt Information message. Maybe there's more info in the FactoryTalk diagnostics log.