Factory Talk ME - Passing Parameter File to Macro?

kdcui

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm wondering if it is possible to pass a parameter to a macro.

In this case, I've created some global objects and made them into a faceplace. When called upon by a Changescreen button, a parameter file is passed to the screen containing the objects, which use parameter placeholders.

Will macros work with these parameter placeholders if I use macro buttons on the faceplate screen?

Let's say one of my parameters is:

#1=[PLC]OUTPUT_ON
Where OUTPUT_ON might be a UDT.

So my data links on any objects with the placeholder are looking like:

Value <--> {#1.whatever}

Can I use the same format for a macro?
EX:

{#1.whatever} = Expression goes here
or
{Some tag} = {#1.whatever}

I've tried using both # and %, but it doesn't seem to be passing to the macros, so I didn't know if there was a special syntax I need to be using in order to make it work.

Thanks

I've tried this also and discovered that, no, you can't pass tags to a macro. For each device, I had to create a separate parameter file and macro.

With RSView SE, you have a lot more flexibility and you can do what you are asking without a parameter file or a macro. You can create multi-line scripts within an "On Touch" animation.

Thanks. Yeah, after about an hour of searching the help and trying to tool around I managed to come across a line in the documentation that said placeholders can't be used in a macro.

I really wish we were using SE; I was browsing through some documentation for it and it seems a lot more flexible.

In any case, instead of using macros I ended up manipulating some things on the PLC side to accomplish the same task.