Shieling of drives and Profibus

Plc_User

I am doing a project with mulitple Undidrive SP on profibus and situated in multiple cabinets.
I should want to take my precautions towards EMC problems.
So, I will bring a ground conductor of 10mm2 (large enough???) to each remote cabninet with profibus nodes, I will also shield the profibus where it enters and leaves the cabinets. Question : should I also connect the schield of the Profibus to the grounding bracket of each drive? What are your experiences? For connecting the schield of the motor leads I will use the grounding bracket that is supplied with the Unidrive SP and an Phoenix SK 14 connector to thighten it to the bracket. Has anyone experience with connecting an encoder cable or profibus cable to the triangular grounding bracket that is also supplied with the Unidrive SP. For that I cannot use the SK14, what can I use to thighten the cable to the bracket?
Should I also connect the shield of the motorleads to ground where the enter the cabinet, or only at the drive?
Thanks

I don't have it in front of me at the moment but the Unidrive SP advanced user guide is very comprehensive - have you referred to this document ?

Last edited: