SLC 503 Chassis Error

Need some help here. Im trying to get my slc 503 processor "1747-L532E 503 CPU 16k Mem OS302 Series C FRN 5" to work. Everytime I go to download the program It always returns a x55h Error Code. I tried moving it another slot and it still returns the same error. I pulled out all the slots and disabled them and the plc runs. Is there anything you can suggest? I have already tried swapping the backplane and that didnt fix the issue. Everytime I go to read IO config, it also says it cannot read config for slot 1 -7. Any ideas?

Try loading an empty ladder program with the analog card removed from the I/O config, and the actual card removed from the chassis.

Then see if the Read I/O option works.

If it still fails, repeat the process with one of the other cards removed.

Chances are you have a faulty card that is affecting all backplane comms.

Take a close look at the backplane connectors for bent pins too.

I have seen a faulty card cause problems with an adjacent slot and get misreported in the fault code.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Have you tried resetting the CPU? pulling the battery and shorting out the pins?

By doing so you will clear anything in the memory and set system defaults back to the processor

kingofdarkness4 said:
Slot 0 = 503 Processor
Slot 1 = 1746-IA8
Slot 2 = 1746-OA8
Slot 3 = 1746-NIO4I
Slot 4 = none
Slot 5 = none
Slot 6 = none
Slot 7 = none

What do you have for your rack configuration? ( see picture)
there's no 8 slot racks.

chassis.JPG

You mentioned installing it in another slot, I don't know if that will damage or scramble it but you can't do that.

Try Git's suggestion of resetting it.

doesn't seem to do anything either. Processor still gives the wrong IO count error. I can get the processor to run with nothing in it and the whole backplane disabled.

edit: sorry slot 7 was a typo. Got ahead of myself. The processor is in slot 0. it hasn't been moved. I tried moving the modules to another slot like suggested by the knowledgebase at rockwell.

I am positive on the numbers. I read them straight off the label. Now I am encountering this error: "A 'stuck' runtime error is detected on I/O module. Exact slot cannot be determined." I was trying to get the processor to run by itself but it appears I cant do that anymore.

Then re-read GIT's post number 6 ( see PDF's below for how too)
If controller has a memory module, remove it.
Then connect with RSLinx. Leave all cards removed from rack. Open new program, select the proper rack, do not configure any cards. Click Read I/O config. If this works then add one card at a time.

Nothing I do will fix this problem. I have already established its not the backplane and not the cards. The read IO config is not working and wont detect anything in the slots. I constantly get this "Cannot read IO Config for Slot 1(and so on to slot 6)". Im connected by rs-232 so that light is constantly active, The DH485 light blinks every few seconds and the fault light blinks about 3 times per second.

edit: clearing the memory resulted in everything remaining the same.

Well, aside from the CPU, you could try another power supply if you have a spare. That is probably not going to help, but who knows at this point...and if that doesn't do it, I suppose it must be the PLC.