Microscan MS-3 Laser Matchcode issue

Shawn Cassidy

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has experiance with the Microscan MS-3 laser matchcode set-up. I'm reading a label with 2 barcodes on it. I've set-up the scanner to learn both barcodes and place them in the master database. When a good label passes in front tof the scanner I have a good read output. When I pass 2 bad barcodes I don't get the good read output (what I want). The problem is sometimes the labeller will apply 2 labels on a bottle and they will overlap. If overlapped, there will only be one of the 2 barcodes visible. The scanner will read the two (same) barcodes and give me a good read even though it only read the first barcode twice. Also, if I make up a label with one good barcode (matching the master database) it will give me a good read and disregard the bad one. I'm certain I'm missing something in the set-up procedure.

Talked with Microscan and it can't be done. Apparantly they look at both symbols and if either match it outs a good read/match pulse. They don't have a funtion to say both match codes need to match then output... too bad.