Keyence visual KV15AR

jeff benson

HI, I am new to PLC's and am trying to do a crash course in trying to get the Visual KV16AR to do what I need it to do and was hopeing someone can give me a hand. First a few questions: Do I use the 24V located on the output to connect my sensors to the input. and can I connect the DC motor I need directly to the output and how. The output is labled 500 through 505 with two common points labled C3 and C4. C3 is common for 500 to 502 and C4 is common for 503 to 505. I really don't want to burn this thing up before I get a chance to use it.
One of the things I need this to do also is when the program is started an electronic actuator will extend then after a preset time or the E-Stop is pushed it will retract. I havent decided on the type of actuator but the ones that I have seen have three wires (I believe one is GND. If a voltage is is one way on the wires it extends the cylinder and if you revers it it retracts. Can anyone help me on how to connect this up.
I appreciate any help I can get.

Well typically that is what the built in DC power supply on the PLC is provided for but, it really depends on what the total combined current draw of your sensors are. If it is below the rated output capacity of the power supply then you will be OK. As far as connecting the DC motor directly to the PLC outputs that is probably not a good idea. I would use external relays driven by the PLC to switch power to the motor. If you can provide more info on the model and brand of actuator that you are going to use someone will help you out.