Schematics

LESLIE M

Anyone out there got any schematics showing connection of Flow Switches, Pressure switches and Temp sensor to a PLC analog card. Also how to connect Kubler displays

Ta

LESLIE

Generally speaking, you would not connect discrete switches to an analog input module.

There are "analog switches" that have discrete states, 8mA=low and 16mA=high, but they are usually Intrinsically safe devices.

What brands are you using?

I am just asking because the manufacturers, both of the instruments and the plcs, will usually provide some schematics.

If you let me know which brands you are using, I may have some of the schematics handy.

Plc Analog Inputs

Doug_Adam said:
What brands are you using?

I am just asking because the manufacturers, both of the instruments and the plcs, will usually provide some schematics.

If you let me know which brands you are using, I may have some of the schematics handy.

Doug thanks mate, exciting to get such a quick response
I am using a SLC500 for PLC
Trafag pressure sensors, IFM Electronic Efector 300 flow switches,
Kubler Codix 550 process display. I have worked with very Little instruments before and i have this project which i am doin at my work place. Got a month to get it all done, schematics and PLC program. Months end i have a week to put it in and get it operational.

where in aus r u. Thanks mate.

LESLIE

I am in Perth.

I am not familiar with the IFM 300 flow switch, but follow the link to a data sheet for a flow sensor, it has a connection schematic at the bottom.

http://www.ifm.info/ifmaus/web/dsfs!SI5000.html

You can back track the link to find other IFM stuff.

Unfortunately, I don't use any of the other brands, so I don't have handy links.

Good luck, but your employer may need it more than you. I find this place normally goes crazy just before the end of the financial year. BTW, did you notice that Australia seems to have been totally cleaned out of DC circuit breakers? If you haven't got any, you may have to redesign your equipment to use fuses.

Doug