Floating Point Averaging

alan_newark

Good Morning,

I was wondering if anyone can help me find a way to average floating point data in a Micrologix 1200. I am presently averaging interger data using the FFL and FFU, but I found out that those instructions do not support floating point as the source. Are there any examples or ways to do averaging of 30 samples of floating point data. Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Thanks
Alan

See this post:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=260919&postcount=5

Look at the ladder four in the attached example showing how to use a circular queue with indirect addressing. It also supports a running total so its not necessary to recalculate the sum of the entire data stack every scan. This particular example is for a Micrologix Long data type but can just as easily support floating point data.