3 Phase Power in Dubai

rohan tandon said:
3 Phase power is 380V AC, 50 HZ all over UAE & Dubai...

Rohan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a customer we make equipment for in the construction industry and he is saying he wants the panels set up for 230V, 50Hz. Could it be that they run on generators on construction and then get whatever voltage they need?

Thanks,

Norman,

Most construction sites run on generator backup as it takes well over a year to get power connection from the local authority.

230V 3 phase is not the norm here, its 380V 3 phase and 230V single phase... Electrical sockets, lighting, drill machines available locally all work on 230V AC single phase, so i do doubt they will run the generator at a different voltage.

Just reconfirm in writing with the customer that he indeed needs 230V 3 phase, its not that uncommon here to find customers who dont know what they really need....