1747-SN Accessing diagnostics?

Hello,

I'm working on a project with a SLC 5/04 accessing RIO through a 1747-SN. The RIO Scanner module has 2 diagnostic LEDs for the COMM STATUS and FAULT. I'd like to be able to throw an error if the RIO commnunications link goes down. Are the COMM STATUS and FAULT diagnostics accessible for the programmer? Anyone who can point me in the right direction, I'd be very thankful.

Thank you in advance.

Hi

The scanner's M1 file words 0 to 47 contains the status of all devices on the RIO link. See the user manual page 4-23 for details. In particular: word 0, word 10, and words 12 to 15.

The manual can be found here

Hope this helps.

Yeah, what Kieth said....Use the M1 status words. Take it a step futher and show a network layout of each device on RIO and the current comm status of each device. I did that on my last install with a SLC 5/05 and it worked well.