Using Excel to Create logic RSLogix

Paullys50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys, I'm teaching myself the tricks of using Excel to quickly create logic that is structured the same.

What I have not been able to figure out is how/if you can copy multiple cells in Excel and paste them into RSLogix 500. Is this possible?

Each cell is an independent rung in RSLogix.

Last edited:
Right Click on the rung and use the copy and past options to the SLC library. You can write a lot of repetitive code in excel this way.

Giz

Solution is one large concatenation string. Separating new rungs with SOR/EOR

Code:
SOR XIC ? OTE ? EOR SOR XIC ? OTE EOR

To be most effective, you'll want to let Excel duplicate as much as possible, you will have to manually transpose and concatenate the cells into one large string.

I only use this method now-a-days if it's something basic and unique. I typically will just use VBA to create files that I can import into Logix5000 application. However I have used VBA to generate rungs of code for PLC5/SLC500 applications.