making spare hard disk from running computer

Look at something like:
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/features-backup.html

I used to use Symantec "Ghost", but have had issues with it in the past, and dropped it completely when RAID arrays became common in desktop-class PC's. At the time, Ghost had no support for RAID, I don't know if it does now or not, but I avoid all Symantec products like the plague.

Ghost is one of drive imaging programs.
I used to love Norton software but since Peter Norton is gone those are not the same. I'm with rdrast on avoiding current crop of Symantec products...

I use Acronis TrueImage for my home and business. Works great. That's on top of running a raid 5 terastation for all my backups.

I'm using Acronis TrueImage as well. I try to make an image of all the computers I have to manage. In the past I didn't and I have had regrets on more than one occasion. Trainees tend to destroy things, you know.

Kind regards,

Acronis here also - used to use powerquest drive image.

never liked Norton Ghost.

Last edited: