Which is the best solution?

wbaldisser

Hi,
I am not an experienced S7 developer. I would like to know which is the best solutions when you are writing a program.

In my program, during the first running, I save same setups values in a Data Block.
Now, my question is:
during the next cycles, I need to use this values, so, what is better? assigning this data blocks values to flags and then on the nest cycles just ask values on the flags, or directly access to the data block?

I'll very glad If someone can answer me.
Thanks.

Accessing flags is quicker and takes less memory than accessing a fully qualified DB value. Throw your scan time/memory usage into the pot, stir for an hour and hey presto.

Similar Topics

Looking to interface a MUX (16ch) to a Allen Bradley point IO. The main reason behind this is to make some savings from using the PLC AI cards...
Replies
Views
Hello I need to design a panel to read (Maybe write also) some signals over modbus RTU protocol using an AllenBradley compact plc. At first i...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking into the possibility of giving our craft team the ability to program one of our production lines 'wirelessly'. There are 7...
Replies
Views
Hello all, what is the best solution to this problem. If a piece of equipment comes with a panel box containing all the motor starters(120V...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, soon we're going to be delivered a couple of industrial PCs SIMATIC PC IL 40 in 19" standard industrial format. Now we need to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom