Panelview550

vikkaraja

Good Morning, This will be my first time trying to communicate with a HMI. I have a panelview 550 CAT 2711-B5A5 with a RS232 port. My question is what do I need as far as hardware like a cable to establish a communication using RSlink. I was told I should be able to communicate to this device with the followings that i have in my possession right now.... CAT1747-UIC. I tried and of corse it did not work for me. Please help. Thank you.

Hi Mickey thanks for the link. I tried it and guess what I see picture of the computer 1747-UIC and no panelview. What else am I missing or I am doing wrong.

If you can post a screen shot of your RSLinx configuration.
Tell us what cable your using between the UIC and the PV.
See Pic's below for examples.
Things to check: What comm port did the UIC take? See hi-lite on pictures. The cable is a straight thru cable. Pay close attention to the device type in RSLinx.

PVCable.jpg

RSLinxConfig.jpg

Good Morning Mickey,I am using a Allan Bradely Gray Cable with the following number AB96881501 from PV to CAT1747-UIC.And I am still seeing the seeing PV Icon on the screen.

I'm not familar with that cable number. Make sure its a straight thru cable. AB 2711-NC13 or any straight thru.
After that you might try a different station address in RSLinx. The PV will default to node 2 but it can be changed. Is this a new installation or existing? Do you have the PV's offline program to check its comm configuration or can you see the PV's configue screen?

Last edited: