Fiber Optic

learner

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey Guys,

I have a Compactlogix Processor 1769-L32E and an Ethernet Switch. I go from the Ethernet port of the Compactlogix to Ethernet Switch and then form there I go to my Pnaelview for my HMI.

Now, I would like to know what kind of hardware ( if any ) is required inorder to take two fiber optic cables from the same Ethernet Switch to the customer plant. I don't know where or what device I am conecting to on my customer side of it.

Regards

learner

Does your switch have fiber ports?
If not you will have to purchase fiber to copper media converters, two for each strand of fiber, then the connection to your existing switch will be a standard patch cable, same at the other end.

Similar Topics

Good afternoon. Below is the network diagram, according to which I wanted to configure supervisor on en2tr module. Stratix is in RSTP mode, due to...
Replies
Views
Greetings, I see that some network switches are specified with 100BaseFX Fiber Ports. Can I use 10GBs rated fiber Optic cable for these...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a project where there is a remote control panel that's just a bit outside the range of copper CAT5 so we're going to do fiber...
Replies
Views
Greetings, I have several control cabinets distributed across a plant and they all need to be interconnected in a ring type topology. The...
Replies
Views
I am starting a project to upgrade our building utility system. The actual swap out will be done by outside contractor. The new system is IP...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom