Sending SMS from PLC Omron

plc'r'us

Hi,

WE don't know much about Omron PLCs but we need to send SMS from a CJ1G or CJ1M (we have both) Omron PLC through a modem Westermo WESGDW11.
¿ANy example or guide about this?

Thank you

plc'r'us - here in the UK ( nd I guess your systems in ESP could be similar) there is no defined time that a SMS text message will be delivered. I have heard stories of up to 24 hours at peak network times, although I have never experienced anywhere near that lag in SMS delivery. In my experience 0 to 2 hours is the norm.

I learnt a couple of years ago that some mobile networks can sell you a subscription service that enables your SMS to jump the queue, and virtually guarantees delivery within a specified time.

It all depends how important your SMS is.