Micro Logix 1100 Using the LCD Screen

elitheei

Has anyone used the MicroLogix 1100 to set timer, counter and other functional values? I got a project handed to me this week and the 1100 has been ordered the customer wants to change some of the variables for the LCD. I haven't used this little brick before. I picked up a couple examples of logic off of AB's site on how to use the LCD.

Do you guys have any tricks up your sleeves? Any logic tutorial you know of for this part of the logic to write and read from the LCD. Any help will be appreciated.

Dog

No special tricks, but it does work, there is alot of coding involved for every screen.
I use the screens for setting timer values, pre's, counter and recipe data when there is no money for a REAL HMI.
Again, it does serve a purpose, but is limited to how much coding you really want to go through for the information.

It is fairly easy to program the 1100 to input data via the screen using the LCD instruction. But the screen is small, had to read if the light isn't good, and with so many companies pushing arc flash now, most will frown on having to put on their category 3 PPE to open the cabinet to change a timer value.

I would go with at least a small display to keep people from having to poke around in the panel

AB just came out with a new series of PanelViews called PanelView Component. There are four different sizes: 2", 3" 6" and 10". No programming software is required. It is built in. The price of the 2" model is about $200.