Just for fun

What is your current job/educational status

• Student: Engineering (electrical, mechanical, industrial, etc.)

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Student: Technical (2 year degree, night school, HNC, etc.)

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Plant maintenance personnel

Votes: 32 16.6%
  • Electrician

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Plant controls engineer (process industries-end user)

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • Plant controls engineer (manufacturing-end user)

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • System Integrator employee (electrical engineer, project engineer, plc programmer, etc.)

Votes: 40 20.7%
  • Machine builder (project engineer, electrical engineer, plc programmer, etc.)

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Run your own system integration/machine building business

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • Work for automation equipment supplier/manufacturer (sales engineer, application engineer, technical

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • educator

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • "temporarily" unemployed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • government/public infrastructure

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

93lt1

I am just curious what everyone's job/carrer is. I know we have a wide range of people from all different fields, and I think it would be interesting to see some stats.

And yet another catagory!

How about adding a group for educators? Those of us who teach PLCs and controls. Of course I came out of one or more of the groups you already have on the survey, but have been in education now going on 8years.

I'm retired Navy, flew assault hovercrafts (LCAC)with six gas turbines in it, the most fun job I ever had. My background is gas turbines (mechanical), worked on the old circuit cards (remember the trim pots?)but never PLC's. Been working in a company for five years but hurt my back so now I'm trying to learn the PLC/electronics side of my job. Gotta put food on the table, y'know. All those nice things they said about the guv'ment taking good care of their retired military is mostly b***s**t, but extremely proud to have served my adopted country. That's the only thing dem politicos can't take away from me.

Where's that darn spell checker...

Thanks for pointing that out... I didn't notice it. I always do that with words with double letters. I don't know, It must be some sort of dyslexia or something :D

cdisher, randylud, zqew05, Allen Nelson- I knew there would be some that I could not include, I also wanted to do a "other" option, but The poll feature only allows 10 choices, and you cannot edit the poll once you have submitted it....

I figured that would be the most popular.

Eric Nelson said:
There must be something wrong here. How come there's zero in the 'HNC student' choice?... ;)

I think those guy's really are programming elevators, stoplights, and parking lot gates; using unitary, modular, and/or rack mounted PLC's (depending on the application). They just give us that line about the HNC class so not to embarrass all of us. :D