Infrascan 5000 to TSX Micro

chud

Ive got a log sorting system using a infrascan 5000 scanner. I'm not to familiar with this scanner as we normallyuse a different type. This scanner uses Rs422 which i convert to rs232 and then read on a Tsx micro 3721. I'm using a scp111 rs232 pcmcia card on the micro.
When I connect to the scanner using the scanners own software (scan view) the comms are fine and the right information is sent. I even get the right info by using Rs232 analyzer from my laptop. The problem comes in when sending commands or requests from the plc. I do this via the debug screen on channel 1. If i want to send a request of 82 hex, i type 16#82 in and keep on getting the same response from the scanner.(And no it is not a response from the pcmcia card on the plc). Is there maybe an end of line character that needs to be attached to the command, or something small that i'm missing?
I doubt my comm settings are wrong as they are the same as the other 2 softwares that comm to the scanners
Any help or suggestion would be much app.

Problem solved. Damn documentation of the infrascan was wrong. Needed Ascii instead of hex