How does this look???

DairyBoy

Hi all. The pdf is my attempt at the ethernet bit of a gx program. I'm opening the three receiving ports in one go, checking that there's something present, reading it, and then closing again. For sending, I'm opening the three sending ports, doing the sending bit and then closing again as before. The snd/rcv cycle is based on the two timers; one rcv cycle and then one snd cycle and so on. I do intend to add error flags, but does anyone have comments about the bare bones so far? The comms module is a QJ71E71. Thanks.

Well, I've spotted one mistake: the use of contiguous registers D101 to D107 doesn't allow any space for received data in D102+n D104+n and D106+n. After 20 views, I thought that someone would have commented, if only to say how hideously wrong it all is!

...and another thing: you can't use constants in the 4th data field of the bufsnd instruction. The first word is the number of comms words to be sent, but the following n words contain the data. Hey, this self-reviewing is cool :) I must get out more.

Yes, I talk to myself when I program, too :oops:

Last edited:
Hi, I am going to state the obvious, is there an example in the manual, and have you got it working yet.

Cheers

Yes, there are two manuals; each at just over 200 pages. Examples are given, but they refer to the many individual functions or aspects of the general requirement to simply send and receive data. And as usual, it's all very cryptic or suffers from translation glitches. I'm stuck with only one module and crossed fingers until I go to comission the system. BTW, there's another error in my pdf: the constants 2480, 2482 & 2485 should be 20480, 20482 & 20485.