Rslogic Help

jstocks

Can Any One Tell Me Why Rslogic Is So Slow.this May Be A Stupid Question But The Old Stand Alone System Work Alot Faster Than This Window's Version.what I Mean Is If Your Trying To Trouble Shoot A Input You Sometimes Want See It Change In Ladder Logic.you Actually Have To Go To The Rack To Detect The Problem.

The problem you are experiencing is coming from the propagation delays in your communications. If you look at the spinning ladder it will give you an analog "Feel" for how fast the comms are updating. Ethernet comms are usually the fastest as long as you are not going through a lot of routers.

Welcome to Windows! Windows adds considerable overhead between the PLC and your computer screen. The old DOS environment didn't have to deal with nearly the overhead.

Then again. DOS had 640K of memory. Constant trouble with autoexec.bat and config.sys. Run only one program at a time. Limited printer options.

Yeah, the future may be slow, but it is convenient! Make sure your connection is as fast as possible. If you are using DH+ or Serial, consider using ethernet.

OG

Last edited:
A little more...

Check RSLinx when you connect... you can see your baud rate, depending on your CPU/PLC you are using you can change this rate, but the faster your communication the faster you will see your updates, I have one 503 that defaults to 1200.... if you look real close you can see the RSLogix ladder turning :)

You need to change this then down load to the CPU then change the setting in RSLinx, let us know if you need more info on how to do this

uhefpkspoekd.JPG