Connecting to an SLC 5/03

LMDAVE

Hi,

I was asked to connect into an existing SLC processor to make a change. I had a copy of the program. My lap top is set up for 9-pin serial hook up or ethernet CAT-5.

The processor is a SLC 5/03 and the serial port was connected to a panelview. SO, I disconnected the panelview and plugged into the serial port. When I went online I got an error message that said "processor corrupted", but the processor is running fine.

When I look at RSWho on Linx, it seeing the processor.

The only other port is an RS-485 port that I'm not set up for talking with.

Why doesn't it go online with the serial port if it see's it?

Is there a way to disable the port that is used for the panelview so I can connect that way?

Any help is appreciated.

Dave

Could it be that the port is configured odd with the panelview? and you are getting this message because the baud rate does not match up?? did you do an auto configure?

The answer is in Mickey's post but just trying to through out some other options... you can also get a PIC for the 485 port in a couple of days

I have had a few times strange errors pop up that had nothing to do with the actual error...