Simodrive 611 Standby Power

maniec

infoI have a Simodrive 611 installed in a machine with a S7-300 PLC.
We want to connect a single phase UPS to the plc so that the process values can continue to be processed in case of a power failure. Currently we are getting an communication error from the Simodrive.
The 24VDC PSU and 230VAC is still be available in the panel.
When the power is restored the machine can then continue from the point it stopped.

Can the Simodrive be supplied wit external power (ie not through the U V W connections) so that it can still process data, communicate with the plc, even though a fault (mains failure) will be generated. Currently we are getting an communication error from the Simodrive.

The whole idea is to be able to enable the machine to continue, with operator intervention, from where it was stopped.

Last edited: