I simply don't understand this.

Latzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Gents,

I am new with Siemens as probably a few of you already know.I did post a few questions before on this forum and with your help I managed to understand how Siemens Step7 works.Or so I thought untill now.I've made a program which I tried to simulate and everything works just fine except to the point where let's say I set a memory bit on Network 20 at address M1.0 called "System_Started_Running" but in the program that "System_Started_Running" is not available on network 17 before 20 where I set it.???????? Why?? This works without any further problem on any other PLC programming software I know about.How can you make a program then??I thought if you set a Boolean to true it will stay true throughout the program without further questions.This bit "System_Started_Running" is available after network20 but not before.Could somebody explain to me why??Please.

Unless there is another place where you reset this M1.0.
Or unless you configured MB1 as the Clock memory in the HW-config.
Or unless you transfer something to MB1, MW0, MW1, MD1, MD1.
It should remain True.

Unless all those it should.But it doesn't.Simulator for Siemens is "bugged up"???
The situation is extremely simple.I set a M0.1 at Network 20 reset at 21 under certain conditions but when I try to use the "open contact" on network 17 or 14 or 13 it shows up as opened????Very annoying.Is the simulator ok???

The source code (in absolute format) would be better as I can't read the Step 7 Lite archive.
(From the block editor select customise/sources then check the tab to generate source code automatically - if this is available in Step 7 Lite of course)

Last edited:
If I monitor the bit it comes up as true.??Even more stranger.I probably don't understand something.However what can be more straight forward than this.Set boolean M1.0 to true and try to use it throughout the program but it doesn't work unless you are after the place where you set the boolean to true.Has to be simulator.

I posted the source.The source is k7p file.Generated with STEP7 Lite.Please have a look.

Code which resets bit removed.Exactly same behaviour.when I try to use

it comes up as open if I am above the network where I set it and closed under the network where the bit has been set.

Here is an example of some source code. Copy/paste source code text.

Code:
FUNCTION FC 7 : REAL
TITLE =
VERSION : 0.1

VAR_INPUT
  a : REAL ; 
  x : REAL ; 
END_VAR
BEGIN
NETWORK
TITLE =
	  L	 #a; 
	  LN	; 
	  L	 #x; 
	  *R	; 
	  EXP   ; 
	  T	 #RET_VAL; 
END_FUNCTION

Jeebs,

I have it in continuous scan.As I said when I monitor it using monitor/modify feature it comes up as true.