Best Value for Money energy calculation complete PLC Package (SW & HW)

ixanos

I am looking for ideas regarding a complete solution that would calculate energy consumption for a given industrial customer and would assist management to take educated decisions upont its hardware and software infrustructure and upon the way the operate and run their production.

Before thinking of a bespoke developed solution I would like to see whats already out there in the global market. Does anyone of you have already worked on a complete solution in this field?

In case some of you have already had practical experience, which package would you be happy to recommend?

cheers
ixanos

We use Powerlogic. I communicate with an ML1100 using Modbus.

GE makes devices, so does AB.
I want to buy a GE to try.

I have used ION enterprise in the past (and will again in the future), the company was recently bought by Schneider and they are in the process of merging teh ION and Powerlogic ranges I believe. The software package is called ION enterprise and it will do what you want "out of the box" I have always found ION support to be very helpfull.

Thank you all for your reply.
I have evaluated Schneider Electric and the products you suggested and it seems that they are not within our budget :(
We look for a rather compact solution for a mid-size company. Our budget does not exceed 3-5K Euro all inclusive.
Would anyone of you also be able to recommend a lower-end solution. It does not need to do too many sexy things. It just needs to be able to assist the production's management to take proper decisions on time.

Besides, Schneider Electric I have found to be rather arogant in Greece, where we would be served from. Unfortunately, I have to say the same for Siemens and AEG.

I think best solution would be one of the "unknown" companies producing energy management plcs/scada-based solutions.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all your thoughts

Try Crompton Instruments

http://www.crompton-instruments.com/datasheets.html#integra

They have BACnet, Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, Profibus, LonWorks and Johnson Controlls interfaces. Put it together with a cheaper SCADA system and you will meet your budget.

By the way, all the values you read out are IEEE754 REAL type words. Make sure the SCADA can handle it.

I use them all the time into PLCs. They also have a bit you can turn on for big or little endian - HOORAY - at last someone is thinking.