Log Operator actions within HMI

FKelly

Hi,

I have a customer who has requested we log data each time a Valve is requested to open by an operator.

He wants to log the Operator Name, Client station and time of the open request.

I could use the RSViewSE command 'Remark' in the Valve Faceplate to log the data to the FT Diagnostics Log when the operator presses the button.

But..

I was wondering if there are any better solutions available as I think the customer will expand this request to cover more parameters latter.

Thanks
Finbarr

Hi Finbarr,
Was on the site for a few weeks there so never got to thank you for your help on VBA issue in FactoryTalk SE. Got it sorted anyways thanks to you.
Just seen your post on PLCs.net relating to dataLogging when Operator Opens Valve. I dont have a solution on that I'm afraid as I'm fairly new to SE but can i ask... When you say Valve faceplate are you referring to Rockwell Standard faceplates for valves? Where can i find these to import into Application? Im told there are quite useful. Also is there Standard routines or Add-On instructions to accompany these for ControLogix?
Thanks

Finbarr,
Just started using RSView, so not sure if My question refers to your situation. Does every operator log in each time? Or, one login at beginning of software starting?
George

Hi,

I have found a nice solution to my problem which will cover all data change requests.

The factory talk Diagnostics viewer can actually record any setpoint changes or open close requests from HMI to PLC.

To log this data you need to turn on 'Audit' messages for the FT Diagnostics Viewer.
You can only turn this feature on from the Factory Talk Administration console, under the tools menu and diagnostics setup.

The Audit message traps the user name, name of parameter changed, new value entered, whether the write request was a success or failure and also the machine name.

In reply to questions..
Morphius
The valve faceplates are simple pop-up displays configured by the customer and these modules were developed prior to V15 of logix so they do not use AOI.

George
The operator logs in at the start of a session. He does not need to login specifically to open valve.

Thanks
Finbarr