Factory talk View Change alarm description Olnine

enault

In RsView 32 it was easy to change the description of a tag in the tag database with a VB Macro like this

'Set description of the specified tag
Sub SetDesc(aTagLabel As String, aDesc As String)
Dim pTag As Tag
'Will prompt if the get tag goes wrong (e.g. bad label)
On Error GoTo errorHandler

Set pTag = gTagDb.GetTag(aTagLabel)

'Set description of the specified tag
pTag.Description = aDesc
pTag.WriteConfiguration

Set pTag = Nothing

Exit Sub

errorHandler:
MsgBox (Err.Description)
Err.Clear
End Sub

but its doesn't work anymore since RsView Se 4

im wondering if there is a way to change the description of a tag while online in with Factory Talk View SE 5
so the user can change the alarm description while the client is running whitout having to get in to edit mode

why does rockwell have remove so many feature on rsview se and factory talk view

and the CPR9 new alarm stuff isn't really good alarm are stored in the PLC yeah but you still have to **** with export and import to bring them in the HMI

oh and am i the only one to have problem with the user feature such as CurentUserHasCode() which i some time need to login twice to get it to work?

The FT Alarms and Events system, whether device based or HMI Server based allow you to dynamically create alarm messages on the fly. If using Logix, and device based alarming, you need to be at rev 16.21 or better on the processor firmware.

Nice thing about the device based alarming, is that you need not change anything at all on the HMI's to add, delete, suppress alarms. Just a rung in the logic.

why does rockwell have to remove so many feature on rsview se and factory talk view

For good or bad, and there is some of both, RSView SE/Factory Talk View are completely different in architecture from RSView 32. I don't know why they made the design decisions they did, but that's just the way it turned out.