OT: Adobe pdf expert required

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

Not something i do often and i am no expert!

I have a word document with some hyperlinks in it, when i make a pdf of this (print to pdf (using adobe)) the hyperlinks are underlined in blue but dont seem to be hyperlinks any more ?

Am i missing something here ?

If the links are now missing how can i add them in adobe pdf (i have adobe prof 8 writer but am less familiar with that than i am with word!!)

504bloke said:
Hi

Not something i do often and i am no expert!

I have a word document with some hyperlinks in it, when i make a pdf of this (print to pdf (using adobe)) the hyperlinks are underlined in blue but dont seem to be hyperlinks any more ?

Am i missing something here ?

If the links are now missing how can i add them in adobe pdf (i have adobe prof 8 writer but am less familiar with that than i am with word!!)
I just tried it and it works OK with Word 2003 and Adobe Standard 7.0. Make sure the links work in Word, in Adobe goto Edit, Preferences, General, and check box for Automatically Detect URLs from text. Or something like that in your version. Not sure what else to check.

John Soltesz said:
I just tried it and it works OK with Word 2003 and Adobe Standard 7.0. Make sure the links work in Word, in Adobe goto Edit, Preferences, General, and check box for Automatically Detect URLs from text. Or something like that in your version. Not sure what else to check.

Edit > Preferences > General > Create Links from URLS (ticked)

This was already checked, been down the list coudn't see anythig else?