logix5 online edits

iggy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello again, hope you all can give me a hand.
My problem is I am working on a PLC5/40, when I go online
it says "active edits" I try to click on the drop down box, but nothing will happen. I have went through the whole program (its not very big) and I dont see where there are any edits in progress.
I cant do any on-line changes because of this.
I have talked to the few programers here and none of them say they have been in the program.
The processor is in remote run.
Any help appreciated.

Use the Find function (CTRL+F) and look for "^A" (without the quotes).

That will find any insert, replace, or delete zone in the ladder programs.

If that does not find anything, then open the status file and look at S:1/6.

That is the bit that lets the controller know that edits exist.

Also, what revision of RSLogix5 are you using and what is the firmware of the controller? Just in case there are technotes at ab.com that apply to your situation.

EDIT: Also look at S:1/11 "Performing Online Programming"
Paul

Last edited:
Got it working thanks, there was a technician in the program at the same time I was (this shouldnt happen but they bypassed the rsmac)

He had to go in to finish his edits, which happen to be on the same rung I was working on.

Thanks for your quick responce.