connection to a master drive and a PG

robert mooli

Hi guys am stuck i want to establish a connection btween Master siemens drive VSd and a Field PG , i have tried to to do communication confgn ie port settings but when i try to connection tells no conection established am am ussing drive monitor, please help

hi

I will give it a try:

Masterdrives have an USS port.

For communication between RS232 and USS there is a special cable from siemens. But you can build it yourself,

check: http://www.automation.siemens.com/WW/forum/guests/PostShow.aspx?language=en&PostID=75737

Check your parameters also (for example):
P700 001 0 ; Adress
P701 001 7 ; Speed (19200)
P702 001 3 ; PKW
P703 001 2 ; PZD
P704 001 0 ; No monitoring

Use the same settings in your drivemonitor

robert mooli said:
Hi guys am stuck i want to establish a connection btween Master siemens drive VSd and a Field PG , i have tried to to do communication confgn ie port settings but when i try to connection tells no conection established am am ussing drive monitor, please help