Omron Sysmac C28H - What is this ladder symbol?

I'm looking at code for a SYSMAC C28H (C28H-C6DR-DE) for the very first time and saw this symbol I've never seen (attached).

It looks like the equivalent to a rising edge or one-shot, based on what the symbol looks like, but I want to be sure.

Also, I noticed that they use this ladder instruction with an address of a bit also used with a DIFU instruction. DIFU is much like a one-shot already, if I'm not mistaken, so I don't see the use in doing this twice.

While I have your attention, I'm not entirely clear on addressing within the C28H. I looked over the programming manual for the device, which specified that INPUT memory is 00000-00015, or n00-n15 for addon modules; OUTPUT memory is 00200-00211, or (n+2)00-(n+2)11. The addresses I'm seeing are in the form of 000.00-000.15 (the 00-15 probably specify the bit and the 000 specifies the word). The words used in this program include: 0, 2, 10, 11, 12, 13, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 47, 51, 53, 60, 80, 81, 82, 90, and 100. The 40-44 words are used the most, and so I'm curious what type of memory this is (input? output? internal memory?).

Thanks in advance for sharing any help that you have.

Last edited:
That certainly is a rising edge. There are 2 ways this can be done with Omron, at the contact as shown and with the DIFU function.

Have not seen one of these for many years now. 000.15 is certainly channel (word) o, bit 15. It is standard Omron 'speak'.

The memory map is a huge 'sheet' in fact with this PLC. Find your input and ouitput channels (words) and the rest will be internal bits.

With these smaller PLCs if there are only 12 inputs used in channle 0, bits 12, 13, 14 and 15 can be used as internal bits also. I have done this occassionally when absolutely stretched for memory. Have even used counters as compare instructions to save memory on the old C20 which had very little memory anyway.