Trying to convert S5 program to S7

m5myk

Hi everybody.

I am trying to convert a program from S5 to S7 and having a few problems.

I have managed to produce source code and open it within Step7. The problem is when I perform a consistency check I get lots of errors (more than 100). The message I get is -

'Transpositions in the order of parameters at XXXX can result in transpositions/shifts in comments even in the subsequent statements.' (XXXX varies depending on the variable)

I initially thought that the problem occured when a WORD data type was loaded with the data B#(106,5) but now I am not so sure.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Mike

Here's some code that compiles with the error you are getting. As you can see I have swapped the order of the parameters when calling FC1. I suspect a similar situation with your code.

How sure are you of the integrity of the Step 5 project ?

Code:
FUNCTION FC 1 : VOID
TITLE =
VERSION : 0.1

VAR_INPUT
Step : BOOL ; 
Step1: bool ;
END_VAR
BEGIN
NETWORK
TITLE =

END_FUNCTION
FUNCTION FC 2 : VOID
TITLE =
VERSION : 0.1

VAR_INPUT
Step : BOOL ; 
END_VAR
BEGIN
NETWORK
TITLE =
call fc1(Step1:=m0.0,Step:=m0.0);

END_FUNCTION

What a hero!

I have changed the order of the some of the parameters to match the order within the function and the errors have disappeared

It would seem that the S5 - S7 conversion process doesnt take account of the order of the declarations in the function.

Thanks for your help.

Mike