1756-if6i Scheduling

bledet

I have a question. I am in the process of commisioning some aditional programmuing and I/O to an existing system that NEEDS to be online monday.

The system is a dual 17 slot rack Controllogix (L56-L55) conected by a 1756-cnbr/d in each rack. I have added three modules to the remote rack - 2-1756-IA16's and a 1756-IA6I. I have the 1756-IA16's configured through RSLogix and operating with no problems. The issue is with the 1756-IA6I. I cannot get it configured. I get the error 'CODE 16 #6317 CONNECTION REQUEST ERROR CONNECTION NOT SCHEDULED'

My Controlnet experience is pretty limited and it has beeen a while. DO I NEED RSNETWORX TO CONFIGURE (SCHEDULE?) THIS DEVICE?? (the two IA16's did not) If so will the demo version of RSNETWORX work? (am currently SLOWLY downloading the demo @ my hotel) Could I just move the card to rack #1 without using RSNETWORX?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as the client wants the equipment operation on Monday. (I just new everything was going to smooth up till this point!!)

Digital modules usially use Rack Optimized connection and adding digital modules not required re-scheduling

Analog module is always direct connection and you must schedule it
You need full version not a demo of rsnetworks to do it
Adding module to the local chassis should not require RSnetworks

Thanks Alot!!!!!!!!
You are a real life saver. I think I will justmove the module to Rack 1 and see about buying a copy of RSNetworx for future jobs (I have another dual rack job coming). I can now sleep easily (much needed - start up week) knowing that I can quickly resolve my only issue monday morning.
Just in case no one told you today Contr_Conn - YOU ARE THEN MAN!!!!!