RSView Studio ME and Recipes

I am currently deveopling my first app in RSview Studio 3.0 (ME) and have discovered that it seems to have no recipe system! There has to be some kind of recipe system, and I really dont have the time or desire on this project to write one in the SLC. The project is suppost to have a run time recipe creation and selection system, and needs to save at least several dozen recipes. Anyways, anyone have any advise on this? Thanks !!!

Matt

Unfortunetly, studio does not contain rsview32s recipe systsm. I have searched the online users guide and the help files and there is no reference to a recipe system. Its amazing, but true it seems.

I certainly hope there is some solution for this, besides writing the whole thing in the SLC, as I will have to do ALOT of unpaid overtime to make up for my vendor not having a <insert word here> clue. It wouldnt be so bad, but since the user has to be able to add, delete, modify, and load recipes during run time, I see a fairly large chunk of RSLogix time in my future. A chunk of time I dont have. mddr

RSView ME does have macros, which mass-download memory tags into the controller. You can trigger these with the Close action of a graphical display in which you've set up the parameters you want to download.

It's not the full-featured RSView32 recipe display system. I think some RSI salesmen are making the mistake of regarding RSView ME as "RSView32, but cheaper". It's whole different feature set, aimed at the PanelView crowd.

There is also an ActiveX recipe control available for RSView ME Station when it runs on Windows 2000 or Windows CE (the VersaView CE platforms). I don't think it will work on the PanelView Plus hardware platform.

I'm an RSView beginner, but I read about the ActiveX on RSI's Knowbase in document A20804.

Funny you should mention the active X, I just finished reading that KB article. So, macros can do that, but can I save a list of text names to go with them, so they can pick a recipe from a list and have it load into the system, as well as having tag activated macro execution. Ive a feeling not. Dammit, this is going to cost me so much time and money. I can see the sales man wagging his head up and down.. "sure it does everything rsview32 does"..

GRRR