AB Micrologix Contact Output life?

Hello!

As I understand, most AB Micrologix's outputs are of contact(relay)style, anybody knows their life expectancy?

Thanks

Don't know what they're rated for??

I've got quite a few ML1000's driving AC solenoid valves with tens of millions of cycles on them.

I remember looking over this when comparing 1761 relays (made by Omron) and 1746 relays (made by Takamisawa). The target relay life A-B goes for is two million operations. The ten-million or twenty-million operations life stated by Omron is purely mechanical; no relay will switch any significant power that many times.

I've personally run an autopsy after 1 million operations of a Size 1 starter and found only moderate wear. I've also had welded up units returned to me.

USE SURGE SUPPRESSORS.

Thanks, Ken:

So, If my application has 1 second cycletime, I can not use AB but have to choose OMRON transistor output type. Any AB small PLC with transistor output type?