CNET with SLC500 communication

MGuenette

Hi

we just change one drive on a Control network connected on a SLC500 and I'm not able to setup the communication. 5/04 and powerlfex70 with 20commC module

All of the other drives communicate with the SLC but the new one. I checked the network node and it's correct.

The MOD led flash green so it meens that the communication is ok but no I/O is used.

Because of that I have to use the drive in manual mode instead of automatic mode.

Any suggestion?

thanks

Martin.

I never did C-Net with a SLC, but controlnet communication usually must be 'scheduled' meaning that you will have to put the network in program mode and run RSNetworx for controlnet.

This is speculation on my part, I suppose it might be possible to run the thing with unscheduled comms (messaging)...

If this is a new drive on the network, you need to configure it's connection with the Scanlist Configuration Tool in RSNetworx for ControlNet, and also schedule the network using RSNetworx for ControlNet.

If this is a replacement drive, it should get the network schedule from the ControlNet keeper (the 1747-SCNR). Check all the configuration parameters for the DPI Enable and DPI Master/Slave configuration in the other drives and make sure they match.

The default I/O configuration is just the Command/Status and Reference/Feedback words (2 x 16-bit INT). Any DataLinks that are enabled and configured to be part of the Master-Slave Connection (these are 20-COMM-C parameters) mean the connection size will change and the Scanlist and Schedule need to account for those.

Eddie Willers said:
If this is a new drive on the network, you need to configure it's connection with the Scanlist Configuration Tool in RSNetworx for ControlNet, and also schedule the network using RSNetworx for ControlNet.

If this is a replacement drive, it should get the network schedule from the ControlNet keeper (the 1747-SCNR). Check all the configuration parameters for the DPI Enable and DPI Master/Slave configuration in the other drives and make sure they match.

The default I/O configuration is just the Command/Status and Reference/Feedback words (2 x 16-bit INT). Any DataLinks that are enabled and configured to be part of the Master-Slave Connection (these are 20-COMM-C parameters) mean the connection size will change and the Scanlist and Schedule need to account for those.

ITs a replacement drive.. so I will check the DPI and let you know