Panelview Plus to two Logix processors

Spartan10

I'm new here, so I hope I'm posting correctly. I'm using a Panelview Plus 1000 as an interface for two different systems (i.e. two ControLogix controllers). Is there any way I can write the active display number to BOTH controllers, and remotely change the display from BOTH controllers? I'm using Ethernet communication, and the only way I see it possible, is to assign tags to one controller, and use produced/consumed tags to send the information to the other controller. However, this will not work for me as the system may be run periodically with one controller powered off. Any suggestions?

Nope; Global Objects connect to only one controller.

I'm not sure how you could do Remote Display Number from two controllers. If Controller A is sending "10" and Controller B is sending "2", how would the PanelView decide which one to apply ?

Will one specific controller always be the one powered off, or is it a case of "either one" ?

I figured that was the case.

Controller "A" uses screens 2 thru 10, while controller "B" uses screens 11 thru 19 in my application. To avoid sending remote display change numbers to the HMI simultaneously from both controllers, I would simply write a zero in the display change register of the controller who's displays are not currently in use (i.e. if I am on screen 5, controller "A" is in use, and I write a zero to the remote display change register of controller "B"). That's why I needed to know if I could read the display number in two separate controllers.

In response to you last question, either controller can be powered off at any time (for maintenance).

Thanks.