PLC5 - Which program loads?

scottsull

We have a PLC5/20 with a EEPROM. The program loaded in the EEPROM is the same as the running program in memory. The configuration is set to have the EEPROM load the program on startup.
If I go to program mode and load a new (and different) program to the processor and then go back to run mode did the EEPROM load it's program when I switched between program and run? Does the EEPROM load only when powered off and then powered back on?
I looked through the archives and did not find an answer to this question.
Thanks for any help.

It should only load on power up. I don't have the document at hand but I remember it being in one of my manuals that explains the backplane switches for the 1771 I/O.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Plant PLC has no reasonable stop start sequencer. There is 3 states, Available, Start & Stop. A 10 sec timer exists in the Stop Ladder that is...
Replies
Views
It's a PLC2/30 system, besides the regular I/O, it has a 1771-VHSC, 1771-KA2, and 1771-KE. You can PM me. TIA.
Replies
Views
I had a problem yesterday, the PLC5 lose the program, I did new download and re-start the process. Today, I get the crash log and I do not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need to program a PLC 5 to calculate the difference in percent between the highest and lowest of either 2 or 4 floating point...
Replies
Views
dear all, I have question, i realy need to help from everyone. Which cable I can use for upload/download program from PLC5/20 to Computer...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom