Daily counter Micrologix 1100

saucekorn69

Hello guys,

I am programming under Rslogix 500 with a micrologix 1100 and I would like to know how can I create a counter which would be automatically reset every 24 hours ?

I just want to count how many products per day the machine will do, I know this is a really basic question but I guess I am still a beginner !

Thanks !

Nicolas.

24hour_reset0.JPG

Depending on your production rate, cycle time etc....
You may want to use a one shot, otherwise you are going to lose one second of counting versus one plc scan worth of lost counts.

Last edited:
I will definitely use a one shot on this. I never thought the answer would be so quick and easy, thanks guys !

Best regards !

Nicolas.

In the ML1100 use the real time clock instead of S:40-42.
With a oneshot all you need to check is the hours, RTC:0.HR.

Storage_bit Counter
--+-------------------+----[ONS]----------(RES)--
|EQU |
|Source A RTC:0.HR |
|Source B 0 |
+-------------------+