Slc 100

bluedrakonis

We have a SLC 100 where I work at. Before we go any farther I have read plenty of posts and I know this is outdated and junk. But my boss won't spend money for anything. It shows error SLC1. According to the manual we have on this system, states that: Processor is not in the Run Mode, or the Auto/Manual switch is in Manual, or a processor error has occured.

i have checked the switch and it is in the auto mode. The book states for the processor to be placed in the Run Mode, you need a hand held unit. Does anyone know where I can get such a unit, or if there is a way to emulate it with a PC. And if on the chance this is a processor error, how would I go about fixing that.

I know this is my first post, and I'm asking alot, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have succesfully, and very recently, used Dosbox with Windows XP pro to run the DOS based PCIS software. The software will run without Dosbox, but cannot control the serial port unless you run it within Dosbox (or possibly other unproven dos emulators).

Have you read these threads?

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=39903

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=17953&highlight=1745

They contain links to the software and manuals, but you would also need the comm module or equivalent.

http://raise.rockwellautomation.com/RAConfig/resultsComponents.asp?CID=1B0B39B4AEB44E42A77A0D770A32DDB2

Since the thing is down right now anyway, you might be able to slap together a Micrologix1000 or similar replacement and be done with the dinosaur, depending on your level of experience with PLCs and the machine it controls.

And, last but not least, welcome to the forum.

Paul

Last edited:
I had read those. Thanks for welcoming me. This thing is used to run an auto sampler at our train load out. I work for a coal company. I have some experience with PLC's but not much. I have a lot of experience with PC's. I actually have a laptop that has 95, well its a relic the company was going to throw away and I figured it may come in handy.

Alaric said:
He will if he has no other option.

O yes he would. This thing can be manually operated by three men, and he would gladly put them doing it before buying another piece for it. He hates computers or anything modernized.

bluedrakonis said:
O yes he would. This thing can be manually operated by three men, and he would gladly put them doing it before buying another piece for it. He hates computers or anything modernized.

Wow, 3 men vs $750 for a plc. I wonder how long your company will stay in business.

On another note (I did not read those other posts), the one time I had this problem, I called my local AB rep and he came out with his laptop and tried it. When he couldn't make it work, he downloaded the program, printed it out for me and it took me 15 minutes to put in a Micrologix 1000 and load the program.

You don't need a programmer just to put it in RUN mode. Cycling the Auto/Manual switch from Auto, to manual, and back into Auto should put the PLC into RUN mode.

If it doesn't, you have another problem.

Kent

It sounds like the program dumped. do you have a copy of the program, either as a file or printout? You will need one or the other to reload if this has happened. I can help you if you just need the program reloaded and switched to run. I have the necessary tools for this, as do others here.

Last edited:
We have a print out of a program and I am assuming its the program currently used. To get it into run mode via alternating between auto and man do I need to have it powered up? jrwb4gbm what do you all charge, we are located in south western VA. Thanks

I tried flipping the switch and it still gives the same error. here is some more info, hopefully it helps. its an SLC 150 Programmable Controller unit that is attached to a SLC 100 Programmable Controller Expansion Unit, the processor has written on it that its a two stage. it uses a 1745 - TCAT ser B unit.

On the 150 the #9, 101, 103, 106, DC Power, and CPU Fault lights are on.

On the 100 the 1E, 4E, 5E, and the DC Power lights are on.

Hope this helps some. Thanks for all the help so far.