S7 CPU Migration

Hi,

In one of our project, we want to migrate from CPU-315-2DP to CPU-317-2DP.

We tried to replace the old CPU to NEW CPU in H/W Config. But it is not accepting and giving error "Slot is Occupied, Module is too wide, or the functionality of the inserted module is not transferable to the new module".

Anybody can help or any easy procedure can suggest?

Thanks & Regards,

try it this way:

1. Delete the CPU
2. when prompted to delete the Programs, say NO.
3. Insert the new CPU
4. Save and compile

Hi Rohan,

Thanks for your reply.

Actuall in this project there are 25 Profibus nodes on CP-342-5. So i want to know whether is ther any tool for easy migration except Manual Process.

Regards,

When you delete the old CPU the DP slaves will be "orphaned".
When you add the new CPU, and setup its DP port, there should automatically appear a dialog box asking if you want the orphaned slaves attached.

Scratch that. I think that as the DP network is on a CP342-5, it will remain attached. I dont think there is anything you need to do to keep the slaves.

Hi Jesper,

The main problem is :

1. In the whole project Out of 9 PLCs, we had 4 nos of 315-2 CPUs which is to be replaced with CPU-317-2.
2. 31 nodes were connected already in CPU-DP Port.
3. Three FDL connections are already configured on CP-342-5.

First we are trying offline with the backup, However the system is showing errors about 'FDL connections' and 'Deletion of Program'issues.

So I tried manually.
The following points needs to be taken care while CPU migration
1. CPU Property details
2. Profibus Address details
3. MPI Address details
4. FDL Connection details.
5. The system is taking care and making separate folder for Blocks.

Just i want to know about any automatic migration tool is available for such type of migrations.

Thanks,