Siemens S5 saving program from PLC to PC

Shawn Cassidy

Hi,
Working on an S5-95U PLC and have done some on-line modifications to PB0. Would like to save the entire program fromthe PLC to my PC, but I can't select the "all files" button. Can someone give me some pointers on how to go about this properly.
Thanks

Shawn Cassidy said:
Hi,
Working on an S5-95U PLC and have done some on-line modifications to PB0. Would like to save the entire program fromthe PLC to my PC, but I can't select the "all files" button. Can someone give me some pointers on how to go about this properly.
Thanks

Are you using Step5?
if so you want to tranfer SOURCE: PC BLOCK: A TO DEST: FD

PC = PLC memory
A = All files
FD = computer based on PROGRAME FILE name on Select Function screen

If you have a documented disk then be warned, if you have added a new segment then when read back from the plc the comments on the segment will be one step out, the way round this is to add a blank segment where you have incorporated segments in the plc this will then overwrite the segments but leave the comments in the correct order, or you can go & edit the comments directly in the comment editor by adding them on the segments added.

I'm using Step5 which leaves a lot to be desired..

It's not a commented file. I just have the copy that's in the PLC. I'm able to save the blocks individually, but not the entire file at the same time. I think I'm just missing the obvious... I'll take a second look at it and I'm certain it will be something I've missed.