Mobile panel 177/WinCC Flex 2007

Cryogen

I am using a Mobile panel 177 DP with S7-200 PLCs. Everything worked fine, I programmed it with WinCC flex 2005 (SP1,HF4). Recently, I upgraded to WinCC flex 2007. Since then I haven't be able to transfer the application to the HMI. I did an OS update successfully but cannot do a transfer.

The serial channel on the Mobile panel is enabled and I am using the serial RS232/PPI multi master cable. I tried all combination for the DIP switches. I am able to connect and transfer to a TP177 so I am pretty sure my cable, COM port works..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

If anyone is using WinCC flexible 2007 successfully to program a HMI, can you let me know

- if you are using the serial port on the laptop
- the EStand number on the RS 232/PPI multimaster cable

If you did a OS update your com settings should be good in flexible. Make sure the settings in the panel were set correctly after you did the OS update. I have seen them change after doing an update.

Do you have the "Output" dialog (Ctrl+Shift+O) open when you transfer? and if so is there any Errors after compliation?

If you can OS Update then i'd say your connection is good. But i have also experienced Settings loss in the CE Control panel after OS update so double check them.

Also can you verify your cable by connecting to another device?

edit: I deleted something I wrote about MPI/DP. Nonsense on my part, because as you have done an OS update, we know that the panel is reachable via serial/PPI.

Redo the exact same setup as when you did the OS update. And then check the error messages in WinCC Flexible if there are any.

Last edited: