RsLinx OPC server configuration

plcnovel

Hi All
How can i associate items in the SLC 5/05 with OPC topic created in RsLinx Gateway. I have created a topic in Rslinx and point it to the hardware (SLC5/05) With the help of OPC client i can create the groups, items and see the actual tag (N7:40) in the OPC Test client. But is there a way to define items in the OPC server. I might be sounding confused or creating items is the job of the client?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards

You cannot define items in the OPC server. All the items in the OPC server are obtained directly from the PLC itself. Usually we define the items in the HMI/SCADA with more meaningful name by pointing to its actual address in the OPC server.

PLC ----> OPC Server ----> HMI/SCADA
N7:40 ... N7:40 .......... PT-100 (N7:40)