RSView SE Recipe Help

smcmanus

Does anyone know where i can find some examples or help files for this? I don't even know where to begin. The Rsview help files are not very useful and rockwell website there is nothing on it. Thanks for your help.

I have done this several times but don't remember exactly how. I have some notes at work that I can forward you. The general overview is you open a new screen and place a recipe tool on it and then create a load and save button. You also place some numaric inputs and a selection tool to select the different recipes. In the recipe screen the recipe tool needs to be named the same as the recipe in the project tree. When you create recipes in the tree you link those to the selection box on the screen. As far as the recipe format, it uses the tab stops to link the numaric inputs to the recipe. This is what your recipe should look like;

The first number is the tab stop and the second number is what you want to see in the numaric boxes on the screen. You link the input boxes to the proper tags and test it. I am sure I have missed something, but it is the general idea. I will send you more detailed information on Sunday if nobody rings in on this before then. I also have some VB code that works very well if you don't want the settings changed. The problem with the way the AB manual sets it up is it gives the operator the ability to save any changes, some people don't want that.

Sorry, it has been a long weekend. I set up a test page and was able to test the page.

Try this;

1. open a blank page
2. place a recipe object on the page, make it big enough to fit your recipe name in.
3. make 2 numaric boxes on the screen and attach them to a test tag (real number)
4. Go into the properties and write down the tag index number. This will be the reference number in the recipe file in the project tree.
5. Save display. Note: You can only have one recipe object per page.

6. Go and open a new recipe in the project tree
7. Using the Tab index numbers of the numaric inputs you created on the screen, set up the recipe as follows:

The format is [Index#,value you want to br loaded]

You can also format it like this;

4,1500 ! Motor Speed 1
5,750 ! Motor Speed 2

The [space ! space] lets you add comments to the recipe file so you know what you are changing in the future. Make sure you put the space in before and after the "!"

8. Save your recipe

Next, test your display. When you test the display, youclick on the recipe object and you get a pop up and you should see the recipe you saved. Now if you click restore, it should populate the numaric boxes you made on the recipe screen. When you go and build the screen, just tie the numaric boxes on the screen to the tag you want to control.

I am using some VB code because I don't want the operator to be able to save the screen. Once you load the recipe and you go to another page and change the settings, if they click save, your numbers in the recipe file will change. For this you need to use a activeX object (microsoft ComboBox) and a button object. I will write a list on how to use it that way if you don't want the save function.

Hope this helps!

Kevin

Hi Kev77. The problem is my numeric input boxes tags are tied to the Recipe(Stored on the HMI). I cannot move them from the HMI to the PLC. Thanks for your response.