int to char

Here's an example using FC16 from the IEC library. FC16 creates a string. If you just want the chars then pick them out from the string.

str002.JPG

is there any way i can do this without using local variables.as the standard im working with does not alow me to use them.....i tried this method with the plc simulator but it did not return the right values.

I used 12345 in the example I posted and the correct values are being read from the string, note that '1' = 31(hex)
asc001.JPG

jacokapp said:
is there any way i can do this without using local variables.as the standard im working with does not alow me to use them.....

What???

A local variable is a scratch flag!! with the added convenience of the ability to name what its function is.

I have never come across any company that specifies that you cannot use them, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Smacks of someone with no knowledge making up rules.

Working with daimler integra standard.....I must have messed up the first time i tried.coz for some reasone the way you showed me works now......thanks alot .would it be posible to use a DB instead?

Yes, declare a string variable (say sMyString in DBx) then enter DBx.sMystring as the RET_VAL from FC16