siemens plc communication

Heres an extract from the siemens forums...

MPI is PROFIBUS based and is using the regulations of PROFIBUS too... So you have max. 256 Byte long telegrams with Header and Taylor like PROFIBUS.

PPI is RS485 based and closely to PROFIBUS but due to the smaller performance for Communication the PPI Telegramm can contain gaps within the Data... so you have usually no defined Telegramlength like you would need it for PROFIBUS. Due to this MPI and PPI do not work together.

This is rough and someone here can probably shed more light on it.

You can use a MPI usb cable instead of an PPI cable but not the other way around.. The usb mpi cable must be a newer version more info look at siemens

Similar Topics

i have two plc 1. s7-1212dc/dc/dc ip; 192.168.0.1 2. s7-1500 1513-1pn ip; 192.168.3.2 i need to get data from plc1 to plc2. any idea how to do...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I want to establish profinet communication between siemens plc and my system using python programming. Which python lib can i use to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am trying to establish communication over profinet between Siemens S7-1200 PLC as IO device and codesys plc as IO controller. But I am...
Replies
Views
I am trying to establish communication between Siemens PLC 1500 and Matlab. I followed a tutorial on youtube at this link: But when I got to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to communicate controllogix PLC 1769-L33ER with S7413-3PN/DP using there elthernet connection. So how we can do this? Is any devices...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom